Master Food Volunteers
The Kansas Master Food Volunteer (MFV) Program provides a foundation of knowledge to volunteers in the subject areas of food safety, food science, food preparation, and food preservation. The Extension Master Food Volunteer Program allows people with interests in food, cooking, and nutrition to take their expertise to a higher level while developing new avenues for helping in the community. The Master Food Volunteer Program is patterned after the successful Master Gardener Program.
Why become an Extension Master Food Volunteer?
- Increase your knowledge about health, wellness, cooking techniques and food safety
- Make new and interesting friends
- Serve the community in new and exciting ways
- Share your passion for health and food with others
- Access to free or discounted EMFV cooking, nutrition and fitness classes